Mount Cain Ski Area is Vancouver Island North’s downhill riding destination. A local treasure for skiers and boarders, glitz-free riding at Mount Cain is all about the powder. This casual ski resort is virtually free of line-ups and crowds, and steeped in Vancouver Island’s best powder. Open weekends, select Mondays and holidays only, untouched powder accumulates all week long. The mountain operates as a community-run ski operation with a unique warm and welcoming culture thanks to the enthusiastic local volunteers and staff. Condition permitting Mount Cain operates from mid-December to early April.
Mount Cain is located about 75 km south of Port McNeill. Turn onto the access road, just south of Woss – Schoen Lake Provincial Park shares the same turn-off. Follow the 16 km gravel road to the ski area.
Come prepared for winter driving conditions and deep powder on the slopes!Open Saturdays, Sundays & select Mondays
- Open Christmas holidays
- Open Spring Break
- Elevation: 1776 metres / 5920 feet
- Vertical drop: 450 metres / 1500 feet
- Terrain: 20 beginner runs / 45 intermediate runs / 35 advanced
- On Hill Accommodations:
- 2 Rental Cabins: sleeping 10 each
- Kapitany Lodge: various sized rooms sleeping from 3 to 6 persons each
- Main Lodge: eight small rooms with two single mattresses in each room and one with a double mattress
- Access road rules: Uphill traffic only from dawn until 1 pm. Downhill traffic from 1 pm until 6 pm. It is mandatory to carry chains.