With the 2023 peak visitor season around the corner, Vancouver Island North Tourism is proud to introduce a new program designed to educate frontline staff and volunteers to create unforgettable experiences for visitors to the region. Staff that are passionate and knowledgeable about the region can make lasting impressions on visitors and create a superior visitor experience to those visiting our beautiful region.
VINT is proud to introduce the 2023 VINT Regional Tourism Challenge which will launch in late June and run until August 15, inviting anyone working a frontline role or volunteers to go explore our communities, tourism stakeholders and region to collect stickers and get entered to win weekly prizes, plus a chance to win the grand prize!
All front line staff and volunteers are invited to participate in the Challenge.
Participants are required to collect stickers and earn entries by exploring the VINT region, visiting participating stakeholders and identified locations.
By visiting participating stakeholders, communities and landmarks and fulfilling the identified requirements for earning a sticker, participants are entered to win a grand prize and weekly draws.
Challenge runs from late June to August 15, 2023
Grand prize draw for participants August 16, 2023
For more information about this program, please contact Natalie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-209-2454
- Port McNeill Visitor Centre
- Kwa’lilas Hotel
- Cafe Guido & Co
- Village of Port Alice
- Sointula Resource Centre
- U’mista Cultural Centre
- Port Hardy Information Centre & Chamber of Commerce
- Foggy Mountain Coffee Co.
- Telegraph Cove Resort
Visit any of the listed locations to enter into weekly prize draws. Simply take an image and post on social media using #VINTChallenge2023 and tagging @vancouverislandnorth on Facebook or Instagram.
- Walk-Out Island
- Lions Park/Port Alice Marina
- Welcome to Port Alice Sign
- Eternal Fountain
- Port Hardy sign (by the big windmill blade)
- Carrot Park
- Storey’s Beach
- Port Hardy Plane Crash Hike
- Tex Lion Trail
- BC Ferry Terminal
- Port McNeill Photo Frame (By Lata’s food truck)
- Port McNeill downtown mural
- Beaver Lake Forest Trail
- Port McNeill – water front by the clock
- Bere Point Regional Park
- Sointula Museum
- Take a picture by a funky Sointula fence
- Ecological Park boardwalk
- World’s tallest totem pole
- Alert Bay Library-Museum
- St. Olaf’s Church
- Government Dock
- Old School House
- Old Truck on the boardwalk
- Whale Interpretive Centre
- Bauza Cove
- Alder Bay (Seahorse at the Roxy)
Other regional highlights:
- San Josef Bay – – Holberg/Port Hardy
- Boardwalk – Winter Harbour
- Scarlet Ibis – Holberg
- Joey’s Museum – Coal Harbour
- Devil’s Bath – Port Alice (on the Port Alice Loop)
- Side Bay – Port Alice
- Marble River Provincial Park (Emerald pools or Bear Falls) – Port Alice
- Hoomack Rest Stop – Woss
- Showcase your business and location to frontline staff in the region- you get to decide what participants need to complete in order to earn a stamp. This could include a simple visit to your location, or visiting your business, gift shop, tour and answering a question, to purchasing an item from you. We are happy to work with you on determining what might work best for you.
- Magnify awareness of your business and it’s offerings
- Enhance engagement and followers on social media
- Benefit from increased staff knowledge to serve your guests better and provide increased level of customer service
- Offer a unique training opportunity for your frontline staff
- Spend time exploring Vancouver Island North and (re)learn new things about your own region
- Get entered to win weekly prize draws and grand prize package
- Learn about businesses and tourism operators in the region and experience what they offer.
- Increase your knowledge of the region and your ability to provide tourism suggestions and customer service to your guests.